Monday, November 26, 2007

Giving Thanks

The past 4 years we have had Thanksgiving at our house and it was very strange to change this year. We had even started a new tradition of Thanksgiving Brunch with pumpkin pancakes, sausage, eggs, yumm it was great! This year we celebrated Thanksgiving on Saturday at my mom and dad’s house which made it much easier for Grandma Charlotte and in a way easier for everyone.


We laughed (something we McCoy’s do a lot of), ate a ton of food, cried a bit, watched WVU win BIG, and thanked the Lord for all He had brought us through this year – pain, loss, sadness and joy. We even got to talk to Christina on the phone as she traveled back to Arkansas. We all wished we could have had their crew to add to the crazy chaos of kids!


Raegan and Olivia loading up their plates.



The kids enjoyed several heated games of Twister – this was a dual between Raegan and Olivia. Raegan ending up winning, I think those long legs gave her an advantage!

We have a tradition of lining the kids up on the stairs when we get together around the holidays. We grabbed Jacob from his nap to include him so that’s why he has that “deer in the headlights” look. Of course we are missing our four little ones in Arkansas in this picture.
And we are also missing the baby that's on the way! Amy is now 30 weeks, she looks great and is still going non-stop!
I have so many reasons to be thankful this year. As I led the song "Give Thanks" at church last Sunday, I was thinking of the verse in Thessalonians that says to give thanks in ALL circumstances. We are to be thankful for the good and bad, because through it all God is given the glory. Yes, I'm even thankful for (gulp) Aaron's death, that is so hard to say. But through it many, many have come to know the Lord as their personal Saviour and many others have renewed their walk with Him. Unfortunately sometimes it takes tragedy to show us what we already knew but were neglecting. Give Thanks!
Leah


1 comments:

Christina said...

I too have had to Thank the Lord for the worst thing that has happened to me in my life. The death of my husband, the one I call friend, my confidant, the father of my children, I could go on and on.
The Lord wants us to be obedient. His word says in
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 to Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances. He didn't say give thanks for eveything but in all circumstances to give thanks. I am thankful that I can find the thanks in the unfortunate circumstance that we have been through and that we will continue to be going through. Thank you Leah for doing this blog so that I can be better conected with ya'll. I love you!