Saturday, November 10, 2007

Grandma Charlotte

So much continues to happen with Grandma and I wanted to keep you up to date and thank you for your continued prayers for everyone.

A dialysis port was inserted yesterday for Grandma to begin dialysis to deplete the amount of fluid that has built up in her lower abdomen and chest. This is something she had not wanted to do again after going through several months of it 2 years ago but she asked for it so that the doctors can pursue other procedures this week. She received her 1st dialysis this morning, she is very groggy from morphine that they've had to give her to relieve her pain. She will get another treatment tomorrow and then a Cath. is planned for Monday. They will look to see if her stents are still in place and/or if they need to do anything else. She will have immediate dialysis following the Cath to remove the dye so that it does not damage her already failing kidneys. Depending on how she handles these procedures they are looking at possibly inserting an Biventicular ICD in her. This is an Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator - it will help her heart regulate its beating and shock it when necessary. Her pacemaker cannot do what she needs. You can check out what this is here http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/abnormal-rhythms-icd

We are all (hopefully) going to make it to the Veterans Memorial Service at Centerville, PA at 11am today - they are honoring Aaron. Mother and daddy have been told they will lay the wreath. It is very cold and wet here but I plan to get some pictures for you all to see.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Wish I could be there. I feel like with him there were so far apart. I so wish none of this had happened. I miss him terribly.

Beth said...

Leah,
I've been praying for Grandma Charlotte and will continue to. I pray she returns to good health soon to ease your mother's burden. It's hard to slow down enough to really grieve when you have so many other things going on. I love you guys and will be in prayer.
In Him,
Beth Stauffer

Shannon said...

It's really neat that Aaron is being honored. I'm glad you're family will be there. We've had Chandler all day because he and my Carson played against each other last night AND this morning at 10:00. We took Chandler so Christina could go to church. She told me last niight she had had been having a hard day...a bad dream. I wish I could do something. I'm loving your blog. Thank you so much for all the updates and I can't tell you how glad I am that I got to meet you guys.