Monday, November 19, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Today, November 19th is my dad's birthday!! (I'm posting this at 11pm which means I only have one more hour, I'd better do it fast.) Some know him as boss, some know him as a businessman, some know him as Sunday School teacher, some know him as the church maintenance man, some know him just because he is so outspoken! But I know him as Daddy. Yes, I'm 33 years old and still call him daddy, I just can't seem to call him anything else. The term dad is just, well...too plain. Father is just too formal. Pa is too old fashioned. So I guess Daddy it is! Daddy is 63 years young today and still going strong. After having triple by-pass 3 years ago he continues to work full-time, play full-court basketball and insist on doing just about everything on his own. Of course, behind every successful and healthy man is an amazing woman - that would be his beautiful help-mate of 42 years, Linda!

His 10 grandchildren know him as PAP!
Having a serious discussion about back-hoes with Raegan.



What a great picture!


I've inherited a few things from my daddy, here's the first 10 I thought of:
1. my extremely long legs
2. my flat rear end! thanks alot
3. perfectionism, thanks again
4. a Republican bent - after all, my daughter's name is Raegan!
5. ability to socialize anywhere, anytime
6. love for humor
7. a devout respect and honor for my country
8. respect for others
9. Personal relationship with Christ - not inherited, but influenced
10. Burden that others come to know Jesus Christ as their Saviour!

That said, I wish you a very Happy Birthday, Daddy, and pray that our Lord blesses you with many more years to influence and direct others to a saving knowledge & personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Love
Leah

0 comments: