Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Busy Weekend

Friday night Raegan joined her twin cousins & friends for a night at the Cumberland Theatre to see a production of Cinderella. Thank you John and Tracy for taking them (all 6 of them). This gave Joel and I an evening to ourselves, which we chose to spend at a local restaurant. It was nice to finish complete conversations without being interrupted. Raegan seems to have so many intellectual questions these days and she insists on being in on EVERY discussion!
Saturday morning we were up early to make it to the mall for Breakfast with Santa. Radio Disney was there and they had lots of characters for the kids – Shrek & Fiona, the Grinch, Beauty and the Beast, Pooh, Tigger, and yes, Santa and Mrs. Claus. I forgot my camera (duh!) but the whole reason we were going was to register for a Hannah Montana concert ticket drawing. Oh, by the way – we didn’t win it…..bummer! Raegan and I did a little shopping and then went to talk to Santa ourselves.

She had her list of toys in mind and one more thing…..a baby brother or sister. I sat with her & Santa but I can’t tell what I asked for.

Sunday started like normal, a rush to get ready and pick up all the kids for church. Raegan continues to invite all of her friends but we are running out of room in our Explorer. We are so proud of her willingness to share Jesus with others – even the boys in the neighborhood!

After church we took Raegan to see the Nutcracker at Allegany College.

She bought this at the "gift shop". It's a ballerina jewelry container.




We were in the front row, center seats. A little girl’s dream!! She sat with her mouth open the entire time. Joel did too, as he slept – ha, ha, just joking. He watched the entire production and even enjoyed it somewhat. We may just give him the “Dad of theYear Award” for sticking it out!

2 comments:

Julie H. said...

Leah, I know you don't know me but I'm a friend of Christina's here in North Little Rock. In fact, Lanie is taking dance at the studio where I teach. Anyway, my daughter, Faith, is dancing in Ballet Arkansas' production of "The Nutcracker". It really is a dream come true and if your daughter is a dancer you should cinsider checking next year to see if they hold local auditions. It's an amazing experience and I'm certain she would love it! I know Faith does.

Julie H. said...

Sorry! I really do know how to spell consider... I think :)