Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Taking Time

Like everyone else this time of year, our lives are chaotic! Add on top of that the emotional roller coaster of grieving and the dark northeast dreary weather and you have the recipe for…..well, depression. There are days I just don’t want to wake up and face the day. I would love to just stay in there and hibernate. Each day I keep pushing myself all day and by evening I’m exhausted. I decided to take some time on Monday to be alone and I went to the cemetery to visit Aaron’s gravesite. I KNOW he’s not there, but it was cathartic to “talk to him”. I guess I just needed to dump my feelings. Unbeknown to me Mother and Daddy had been there Saturday and placed some pine and flowers.

Mother and Daddy take great care in keeping his grave site cleared and attractive.

I also had bought some pine shaped in a cross that I fell in love with. The cross is full of different pines and greens – so effervescent, strong and masculine. It just reminded me of Aaron when I saw it. It even has some sort of berries in it. I just love it. I had the florist add a plaid ribbon so that it would have that manly Christmas feel.


The view was not as clear and pristine as it was the day we buried him. The wide open view of the mountains was covered by a thick fog and haze but in some odd way it was beautiful. I don’t think I’ve ever been up there that I didn’t just stand there and take in the view. It’s absolutely breathtaking.

When I got home I got a call from Christina! We talked for a long time. Sorry you didn’t get more done girl, but I can’t tell you how much that specific call meant to me. Keep on keepin’ on, there’s a plan for your life and God is bigger than we can ever imagine!
Leah

0 comments: