Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Riding Your Cycle!

A few months back I came across something very insightful in my women's devotional book that has had me thinking during these ups and downs that seem to run my life lately. I thought they may be helpful to all my women friends and.....well, they may even help our male counterparts understand why we are so darned hard to deal with!
The difference in estrogen levels in a woman's body during various times of the month correlates to a predictable pattern of behavious and emotions. Naturally, these characteristics are not true for all women, and some struggle with them more than others.
During the 1st week of her cycle she is outgoing, ambitious, optimistic and self-confident.
The 2nd week she is hopeful, easygoing, creative, has inner strength and a sense of well-being.
The 3rd week she lacks coordination, longs for peace, is impatient, and gloomy.
The 4th week she is very irritable, touchy, withdrawn, and lacks self-confidence.
Whew! Is is any wonder that interpersonal conflicts sometimes seem to come from nowhere?! Throw in a little bit of grief and you can figure out where those feelings of being overwhelmed with life and depression come from! Maybe we need to tell ourselves, "Tomorrow or next week will be better" or "This too shall pass, just hang in there!"
Just riding out my cycle!
Leah

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Leah! Happy birthday to you!!" Of all times to send you a birthday wish! I'm not going to ask what part of that "cycle" your on!!! Steve read your blog and decided he wasn't touching that subject!! SOOOO...what part of that cycle am I on!??? With all these hormones, I think I experience them all in a few short moments! However, I've also learned from past experience that I need to be careful not to make excuses for my sinful behavior.(ie. attitude,revenge, blame, disrespect, even disobedience) I had to learn that even when I am feeling these things, I am still responcible for my actions and attitudes...Now we get to teach our hormone laden children these same lessons...YAY! For heavens sakes Leah, how do you ever come up with these topics. Only you would voice something like that on your blog...and get away with it!!! Hey,do you know what my first recollection of you was...I was taking a nap in our orange and yellow little girl room, and I remember Mother laying you down across the room. Whether it was the day you came home from the hospital or not I don't know. But I remember just standing there watching. And to think we spent the next 15 years in that same room together. There are alot of memories from that room at the farm house. I don't think there was a night that you didn't ask me to tell you a story...so you could fall asleep and I'd lay awake. It's no wonder my kids never get bedtime stories out of me!! Most nights we would end up giggling until we would hear daddy say, "I've had just about enough!". I don't remember how many times he would say that before we both actually settled...there was usually a strong change in his tone that got our attention. I also remember Aaron singing himself to sleep everynight. Or he would try to get us to be quiet, so he would pound on the wall knocking all of our nick nacks down. Oh, the good old days. I'll have to share some of those stories with my girls one day, seeing they will be sharing a room too!(When I was a little girl...Ha!) I have to admit You were much neater than I!! There are many days I wish I had your organizational skills. You should be the one with 5 kids!!! I'll just have to hire you for a month or so...to organize me!!! Have a great birthday! Make sure Joel pampers you today...He can clean the bathroom!!!...then you can take a hot shower. Hugs and Kisses, Love Amy

Beth said...

Happy Birthday, Leah. We love you!
John, Beth, and Dawson

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

Happy Birthday, Leah. I love the post, as I am riding that wave! Blah!