Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Easter

Wow! Once again, I'm way behind on posting the goings on in the family. I've been working alot and well, my family comes first. I'm up late tonight and thought I would post Easter pictures. I really should be in bed since Raegan was up 1/2 the night last night with nightmares. Oh well.

Raegan had a talk with E.B. about her gifts. She told him that she didn't really care what she got because she thought it would be greedy to ask for anything. I've never heard of a kid saying that!! Anyways, he came through and brought lots of nice things.

We had an egg hunt at our house the evening before with my twin nephews - BRRR! It was so cold the snow was blowing around. They still enjoyed it.

We enjoyed Easter morning breakfast at church and the kids sang their songs. Raegan recited the verses that she's been learning here at home. It reminded me of myself at that age. My parents believed that the sooner you get the children to speak in front of the church the sooner they will become comfortable with it. Well, I always would start crying from my nerves and my voice would quiver - Raegan did the exact same thing! I teared up just listening to her. She has learned John 3:16 & 17 and is working on verse 18.
My Easter Beauty
Our McCoy fam gathered at mother and daddy's church for Easter lunch and egg hunt. We have quite a large family and the church fellowship hall has worked well the last 3 or 4 years for us. As you can see in the picture, the only one that wouldn't smile for me was Adam - act your age boy!
The kids hunted for the eggs that Adam, Joel and Steve hid. Unfortunately the guys couldn't remember where they hid all 135 eggs. It took a while but all the eggs were found. Here Joel is counting and recounting. FUN!
Not a whole lot of pictures, I know. It was a great day though and I know each one of us cherished the time we got to spend together.

0 comments: