Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patrick's Day

I know that "luck"
is really not true

that green is no better
than red, pink, orange, or blue

No rainbows with gold
nor leprechauns are near

and if you forgot to wear green,
you have nothing to fear.

I just wanted to say
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!


With my Irish roots I didn't want this day to go by without some kind of posting. But on a more serious note I've included a quote from Saint Patrick that I feel speaks loudly of his deep faith in God despite a persecuted life.

"Therefore, indeed, I cannot keep silent, nor would it be proper,
so many favours and graces has the Lord designed to bestow on me
. . . our way to repay Him is to exalt Him and confess His wonders
before every nation under heaven."

No shamrocks, no lucky charms, just the wonderful grace of Jesus!
Leah McCoy-Knotts

0 comments: