Friday, February 22, 2008

February 21st - My baby is 7!

Raegan turned 7 today and I find it hard to believe
that seven years could have blown by that fast!
She kept this hat from another birthday
and she ran to find it this morning to put it on.

The kids were off school AGAIN and so it changed plans for a school birthday party. She was disappointed so I made last minute plans to make the day special. We made a Red Velvet cake in the morning and then the neighbor girl came over to play. After we made the cake the left-over batter was just too tempting for Raegan to resist

While they played, I fixed lunch and surprised them with a "little party" of their own. It was fun, and the girls kept saying how cool it was. Wow! I pulled out some left over birthday decorations from years past and threw them together. The girls felt like I had planned a big party for them. I didn't even have enough icing in the house to finish the cake. Look at that! My friend Kim (Martha Stewart) will be appalled!

Making a wish!
Chowing down - both of the girls had 2 pieces of cake.
It's her birthday, of course I said yes.
I count it a blessing to have experienced the heartaches and
joys of motherhood. This little girl was a miracle.
We were told we wouldn't be able to conceive without medical help. We did!
Through very early labor, bedrest, and a violent, difficult delivery. We did!
Through 3 years of NO sleep (honestly). We did!
She is a sheer joy and I am honored that God has given me the chance
to raise a young girl to know and love Him.
Happy Birthday, Raegan Nicole!
We'll party on Saturday!
Mommy



1 comments:

Shannon said...

Please tell Miss Raegan Happy Birthday from Arkansas. It's so good to hear from you and I'm so sorry to hear of what's going on. I saw this morning on the news about the PA weather and thought of you all and Aaron. I hope you all are well and of course warm. Can't wait to see pics of the newest member of the McCoy clan. Love to you all-