Friday, February 22, 2008

Dave Summerfield

At 6:14 pm the wreckage of Dave's plane was discovered. There are no survivors.
Please pray for their families as they deal with the reality of this terrible tragedy. My heart aches - those feelings are still so real. Our church family has lost a great man and so has our community. We are comforted knowing that this man of God is with His Lord and Savior.
2 Corinthians 5:6 says "Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord." Last night, our brother in the Lord, Dave exchanged His earthly tent for his heavenly body and he is rejoicing in the presence of God. I wonder if he and Aaron have met up! I can only imagine!
Heaven looks better every day!
Leah

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leah, so sorry we had to miss the birthday party for Raegan. The kids were so upset. I'm glad we didn't come down though. Sunday morning Steve ended up sick, Jacob threw-up again and Zach threw-up that evening. Certainly not something anyone would have wanted. Maybe we can schedule to come down to see you all.
We are so sorry to hear of Dave's death. It will be a tremendous loss not only for your church, but for his entire family. Praise the Lord for Dave's faithful sevice to his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! He is now in His presence. You are right..."We can only imagine"! I'm sure he is surrounded by the very ones he led to the Lord. Just as we saw how Aaron's young life touched so many lives, I'm sure Dave's mature life touched even more. Please pass my condolances on to Marie and Paula and Robin. I would love to see Paula. It has been quite a few years.
Again, it is another situation where we will never truely understand the Lords plan in it all. He is no respector of persons. But, it is in times like these that we found the Lord a strong and firm foundation. Now Leah, you have another opportunity to be the comfort that someone else was for you. God's timing is more perfect than we will ever know.
Love you all, (a special hug and kiss for Raegan!) Amy

Beth said...

you've been tagged! Go to my blog for directions.

Beth said...

Leah, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. But I'm comforted knowing that he was saved and is not in the presence of the Lord. I'll be praying for you.