Friday, July 24, 2009

Play Ball!

Ever since Joel and I met, he has played on atleast one softball league each year. I believe there was a time that we were balancing 3 or 4! Whew, glad those days are over. Last year he had to sit the bench when he had major back surgery and I know that was tough on him. So this year he's making up for it.

We began attending a new church in February (link is on the side under Church) and Joel gladly joined their softball team in the church league. He says they heard he was a good player and begged him to play, ha ha ha!!

This picture actually helped him improve his swing - he was swinging too early.
Home, Joel, Home!
He still plays like he's 25 but someone needs to tell him he's 35! He still comes home with his usual badges of honor - bloody knees, dirty uniform and sore legs.

They have quite a team but more importantly they enjoy the male bonding! Here's Butch, the pitcher.
Pastor Chan on 3rd base looking to run home.
Butch (flashing his false teeth) and Steve coming in to bat.

I would love to tell you their stats but well, I haven't a clue. I'm just the devoted wife taking pictures. Go Team!

0 comments: