Thursday, May 1, 2008

9 Years & Counting

Today Joel and I celebrate 9 years of marriage! I could write a book here about our relationship - our ups and downs but instead I just want to say I'm thankful for the Lord's guidance, love, forgiveness and blessings in our lives. He has done and continues to do an amazing work in us. I'm convinced that marriages cannot be strong unless they have difficult times to teach you the need for each other and total dependence on God. I think my vision of marriage 9 years ago was a far cry from the intimate, deep bond that would develop through years of tears, joys, life lessons and prayer! For better or worse............
Happy Anniversary Honey!



National Day of Prayer Today
I pray that couples will join together in prayer committing themselves to putting Christ first in their home and raising children that know and love our Lord. Our country sure could use a few stronger families!! And my daughter will need a godly man in about 20 years! PLEASE!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! You know I always forget your anniversary and I finally figured out why. It's the 1st of the month, and I never see it till I turn my calendar...which is usually on the 2nd or 3rd--when Zachary reminds me I'm still in the previous month! I'm going to have to write a little note on April 20th "Leah and Joels' Anniversary in 10 days"! I hope you had a special day. I praise the Lord for your commitment to one another and especially to the Lord. Our children need to see other godly marriages. Thank you for your example. And just think 9 years--your just starting to see what the Lord has in store for both of you together.

Joel, we are going to continue to pray for your back and endurance for what God has instore for you. I promise I won't tell you to get up and get over it. Back pain is real! Sometimes just the thought of getting out of bed is work enough. You've got a great nurse 'in-house'...you'll have to ask Adam for his bell he used when his leg was in a cast!(sorry Leah!)

Love you all! Raegan, Rachel wants a sleepover soon! She's had enough of the boys!!! Hugs and Kisses! Amy