Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October

I knew that I was dreading this week. I just didn't want to flip the calendar and see that month OCTOBER staring me in the face. It's not as if I didn't know it was coming but I guess I was in denial or just wishing it away. It has affected my mood. I've found myself preoccupied, emotional, and anxious. Each day inches us closer to reliving that terrible traumatic day. But a verse came to mind this afternoon:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6-7 (NIV)

As this month begins and the day draws near, my prayer for each one of us that have been touched by Aaron's home-going is that we will not be anxious and distraught but rather we will seek the Lord in prayer offering up to Him our fears, our heartache and our emptiness. And that the peace that He promises will guard our hearts and minds to see His ways and His plan.

In much prayer and thanksgiving,

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You all have been heavy on my heart this week. Praying for your whole family. Love you-

Anonymous said...

May the following verses encourage us all at this emotional time to stand strong on the truths of Gods Word. Ephesians 1:11-12 says " In whom we (Aaron) were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of His glory." Aaron well knew from his training that how you hold up under difficult situations will change the outcome. So as we continually trust that the Lord was working out His purposes when He took Aaron home we'll display the courage needed that will lead to His praise. Also remember to be praying for the girl who's life was forever changed also, hopefully for the purpose of her salvation. Love Mother