Friday, October 31, 2008

BOO!


We have a busy day of festivities today! The Halloween party and "parade of costumes" at school and then Trick or Treating tonight in our neighborhood. I've never gotten into the dark side of this holiday but I do love the costumes and trick or treating.

I remember as kids, my mom and dad would take turns dressing up with us and the other would drive us around to trick or treat. Funny stories! One year my dad was Little Bo Peep and my mom made his skirt out of a big metal ring so that it would poof out. Well, it was so big we barely got him in the car and when he sat down it went the whole way over the top of his head. He couldn't even see where we were going, thank goodness she was driving that year. My friend Danelle and I continued to go when my siblings were "too old to do that" - we even trick or treated when we were seniors in high school! Good memories!!

So even if you don't believe in all of the Halloween traditions, enjoy the day
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

0 comments: