Sunday, January 17, 2010

Birthday Thoughts

Today I celebrate my birthday. I don't know if everyone does this, but birthdays cause me to be somber and reflective. I tend to think about where I've been and where I'm going, really taking in all that the day really means.

I won't bore you with the details. But as we drove to church this morning I told Joel that Aaron used to say to me "Leah, you're really getting old". I would remind him that he would ALWAYS be older than me. But today I'm older than Aaron ever was. Passing away at the age of 35 he never saw his 36th birthday. I stop and think of all who mean so much to me and wonder if they really know how much they've impacted my life. Have I done enough to impact theirs? Have I served my Lord as deeply and passionately as I should. Would He tell me "Well done thy good and faithful servant"?

Have you taken the time to think about that?

0 comments: