Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back to School!

I've basically taken the summer off from my blog and I've been informed by many of you that you are waiting for updates. Honestly, I've been surprised by how many people have been reading the blog (I didn't know so many people knew about it) and humbled by your comments. I do enjoy the writing and honestly I hope the Lord continues to use it.

Yesterday was the first day of school for WV schools. Raegan started 2nd grade - what a BIG girl. Her school day begins very early at 6 am!! When I went in to wake her up she was smiling and said "is it time yet?" Wow, I hope this lasts for a couple weeks, but it's likely to diminish as the novelty wears off. I drove her to school - they have to be there by 7:30 and she chattered the ENTIRE time.
As you can tell the hair has grown back but we both are anxious to cut a few inches off of it again. She has also grown taller, the girl just keeps growing!
Not my choice for a backpack, but can you get the girls to choose anything but Hannah Montana these days? She's the "senior" of the primary school because it only goes to 2nd grade. She's enjoying this fame and extremely excited about the year and her teacher Mrs. Wagner. Can't you tell?!

I have always found it difficult to "leave" Raegan at school. She has been (is) a complete blessing in my life and I tend to want to protect that innocence and gentle spirit that can be so easily tarnished when it is exposed to so many other influences in the world. My prayer each day is that the Lord will grant her protection and strength to guard her heart and mind. This prayer will be even more passionate as she enters the higher grades!!

Coming soon.....overview of the last 3 months!
Trying to catch up
Leah

0 comments: