Friday, February 5, 2010

Tired of Snow?

I'm sure I'm not the only one getting stinkin' tired of snow. If you haven't tired of it yet, call me after this weekend's snowstorm is over - just wondering if you'll change your mind.

I've never really been a snow bunny - I'm more the beach bunny type! Give me some sun and surf and I'm happy! But I guess without winter we wouldn't appreciate the summer...atleast that's what I'm told.

Anyways, as I was on the treadmill this morning I was thinking of all the things that one could do while snowed in this weekend that would make the wait worthwhile. So, here's my list of to do's that might encourage you to get off your butt and do something other than veg in front of the boob tube!!

1. Clean out the closets. If is sounds too daunting to do them all just pick one. Wow! That's progress!

2. Download pictures from your camera. You know, the ones from 5 years ago that are still lost in digital picture land and have never seen the light of day.

3. Exercise. Don't have equipment? That's okay, use your kid's jump rope or hula hoop, run the stairs, even benchpress the kids!

4. Write a friend a note. I DON'T mean on facebook! I mean sit down, get paper and a pen and actually write them a letter or a card. There have been so many times I've wanted to send a note of encouragement and found myself saying "I just don't have a minute to do it". Well, we have a whole weekend.

5. Start that project you've been meaning to do. Scrapbooking, sewing, painting, whatever!

6. Play a game. With the introduction of Wii, XBox, Playstation, Nintendo DS's and such we've forgotten that there are actually board games that are collecting dust on the shelves in the playroom and it brings the whole family together.

7. Read a book. I know we all have books lying around that people have passed on to us, or we've picked up along the way, with all intentions of actually reading them, but we just never found the time.

8. Host the neighborhood. This one actually came to mind as 3 of the neighbor kids were here playing all morning. It would be nice if everyone would take a 2 or 3 hour leg of the marathon and then all the parents would have a few quiet moments.

9. Pay the bills and prepare the taxes. Some of you, I'm sure, are more organized than me and have had your taxes done or turned in to the CPA since January 31st but this would be a good time to do all that if not.

10. Enjoy the snow! Go play outside with the kids, have a snowball fight, sled ride, shovel the neighbors sidewalk. It won't be long and it'll be gone - THANK GOD!

0 comments: