Saturday, November 7, 2009

October 5th, 2009

This view of Evitts Mountain was taken on the anniversary of Aaron's death. I traveled around to visit my family members and stopped at the cemetery. This view from Aaron's burial site is breathtaking year round but the colors that were beginning to transform the mountain side were especially picturesque.

The flag not far from Aaron's site was flapping crisply in the air.


Mother and Daddy, you diligently keep up the ground and the decorations at his grave site. I'm so glad you are right there to care for it. When I am able to travel out there to visit, it is comforting to see it so well cared for.


View of the valley where the C-130 approached the burial site. The memory of that moment still gives me chills - it was immensely overwhelming.

For some of you this may not seem quite appropriate for my blog but for other family members that aren't close by, I think it helps to remain close and connected to Aaron and where he was put to rest. We all know he is NOT there but rather with our Lord and Saviour in Heaven. The site, however, and all of its surroundings allow us to pray, cry, grieve, and even celebrate Aaron's life & death and how the Lord has used it for His glory.

0 comments: