Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mom, I really am a Princess!

Last week at gymnastics, Raegan's friend Amber invited her to a Princess Party at her church. Raegan was very excited and so Saturday morning she got up, headed to basketball and then rushed home to change for the princess party. She chose her Ariel wedding gown that we had bought in Disney 2 years ago and added all her girly extras to finish off the outfit. Raegan is beginning to outgrow the princess stage but still LOVES to act like and be treated like a princess. We flew out the door and got to the church ontime for Raegan to get her picture taken and join the group in the activities. The teen girls in the church and their moms had decorated a beautiful "photo op", came up with crafts, games, bible lesson and gifts for each of the little girls. What a wonderful christian service for these older girls to participate in and demonstrate that each girl is beautifully and wonderfully made by her Creator!

There were atleast 20 little princesses that attended the party and 10 big girl helpers

I was impressed with this activity but not nearly as much as when we returned home and she shared this bit of heartwarming information with me. She said ...
"Mom, I really am a Princess! Since I have accepted Jesus as my Savior and He's my King, then I'm his princess. If you don't believe that Jesus died for your sins and accept Him as your Savior then you are just pretending to be a princess!"

I couldn't have said it any better myself, princess!
( A big-girl princess!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing what children know about God? Looks like she had a great time and it also looks like your princess IS growing up. I thank God everyday for my children growing, but oh how I wish they were babies again!
Hope you are enjoying your day with your princess. The Ackerman family are preparing for a game of trouble..wish me luck!
Nicki