Sunday, November 9, 2008

Needy Nation…

“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land”. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Regardless of who rules a country God’s people are still to be one nation under God. In fact the early church flourished under unsympathetic authorities that were antagonistic toward Christianity. Government is not the guarantor of the influential church that infiltrates the culture with the love of Christ. We are followers of Jesus as ‘salt and light’, who are the most appetizing and shine the brightest, during the leanest of times and the darkest of days. We are a country who is in the process of reaping a whirlwind of confusion from our wicked ways, but this is job security for servants of Jesus. Your Savior gives you stability in the storm, so you are stability for the unsure and distraught. You are an agent of God’s grace for those who are floundering in faithless living, needy.

Our country needs Jesus, and ‘one nation’ under God will become a reality as Christians rally around prayer and authentic Christ like living. You know better, because you know your best friend Jesus. There is a higher standard of accountability that accompanies Christians. Therefore, in humility and brokenness lead your family to bow on their knees, repent of their sin and intercede on behalf of our needy nation. I have to ask Almighty God to cleanse my heart, before I can ask Him to cleanse my country. Healing takes place when forgiveness forges families, prayer permeates the church, and repentance leads our nation into fearing God. There is still time to turn to Christ, and you are to model the way, so be the first in line to love the Lord, pray for people, and serve sinners. God has awakened our nation out of its sinful slumber, so you can be an instrument of grace for those who are hurting and need hope. The Bible says, “I am grieved that I have made Saul king, because he has turned away from me and has not carried out my instructions." Samuel was troubled, and he cried out to the LORD all that night” (I Samuel 15:11).

0 comments: